The Samaritan scholarship is for undocumented, academically prepared, first-time freshman or transfer students who have completed their high school education in California.
The Samaritan scholarship program provides leadership development, mentoring, career internship opportunities and cultural events/conferences that scholars can lead and attend.
- Must be an undocumented student.
- Must have attended and graduated from a high school in California.
- Demonstrated Christian commitment.
- Must have filed and submitted the California Dream Act Application.
The Samaritan Scholarship Program Requirements (if awarded)
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at FPU.
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA; mid-semester grade reporting required.
- Regular attendance at FPU's College Hour (14 times/semester).
- Active involvement in campus life (ie: clubs, student government, newspaper, etc.)
- Active participation in leadership with the Office of Spiritual Formation.
- Active involvement in a local church.
- Annual review with program coordinator to review achievements.
- Apply and be admitted to Fresno Pacific University by the established deadlines.
- Submit a completed Samaritan Scholarship application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit essays as detailed on the Samaritan Scholarship application form
- Submit a letter of reference attesting to your leadership and academic qualities. Please use a person who was not used during the admission process to the university. Letters can be mailed to Office of Undergraduate Admission 1717 S. Chestnut, Fresno, CA or emailed to Dreamers@fresno.edu
- Submit DREAM Act application for financial aid at www.csac.ca.gov
Deadlines to Apply for the Samaritan Scholarship
All steps must be completed prior to the deadlines to be considered.
Priority deadline for Spring: December 1
After December 1, scholarship applications will be accepted on a rolling basis if funds are available.
Priority deadline for Fall: March 2
After March 2, scholarship applications will be accepted on a rolling basis if funds are available