With a minor in disability studies you’ll gain a new perspective in working with children with special needs and learn how to integrate developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- A challenging and supportive academic environment
- Experienced university faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- With the completion of the minor in Educational Disabilities, you will have some units completed for the Education Specialist Credential program. See the program director for current details.
A minor in Disability Studies is ideal for potential Special Education teachers. You’ll gain an avenue to explore the field of special education while meeting Preliminary Education Specialist Credential requirements.
Megan Chaney, Ed.D.
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts
- GED or AA/AS degree
- Verification of negative TB test (within last 12 months)
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
Required Courses (18 Units)
|SPEC 300||Education Foundations Credits||3|
|SPEC 310||Introduction to Disabilities Credits||3|
|SPEC 320||School Health Credits||3|
|MIN 330||Disability Ministry Concepts||3|
|SPEC 340||Medical Disabilities in the Classroom Credits||3|
|SPEC 350||Introduction English Language Learner in Special Education Credits||3|