Pursue your vocation in ministry with our Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry and Leadership. In this program, you’ll be challenged to think biblically about Jesus and His Kingdom, develop spirituality in yourself and others, enhance your ministry skills and engage with the world. You will gain both practical and theoretical knowledge through classroom work, research and an integrated internship with a community church or para-church agency.
- A challenging and supportive academic environment
- Cohorts groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Cohort of 7-20 adults progress through the program together
- Experienced faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students come from a variety of life stages and cultural backgrounds
- Internships that provide hands-on experience
- Mentoring available to help students identify their calling
While this degree is relevant to many career fields, it is especially designed for those interested in church and para-church ministries with a focus on community leadership, preaching, teaching and missional engagement. Graduates who wish to continue their education are well prepared for graduate school and seminary training.
Quentin P. Kinnison, Ph.D.
- 60 transferable baccalaureate-level units
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- Two years post-secondary experience
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts or diploma
- Official college transcripts
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Information
All ADT degrees (AA-T & AS-T) to Christian Ministry & Leadership, B.A.
BA courses fulfilled through ADT:
- All lower-division General Education requirements fulfilled
- BA major has no lower-division major or co-requisite courses that could be fulfilled by the ADT.
- All BA major courses are upper-division and are completed at FPU.
- This program is offered as evening accelerated
ADT Guarantee is the completion of BA/BS degree in 68 units.
Required Courses (41 Units)
The following units must be earned at Fresno Pacific University
|BIB 314||Jesus and the Christian Community Credits||3|
|BIB 436||Biblical Perspectives Credits 3 -||4|
|BLIT 306||Law and Ephesians Credits *||1|
|BLIT 307||Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and James Credits *||1|
|BLIT 308||Isaiah and Matthew Credits *||1|
|MIN 310||Perspectives in CML Credits||1|
|MIN 356||Church and the Mission of God Credits||2|
|MIN 376||Current Practices in Evangelism and Discipleship Credits||2|
|MIN 392||Biblical Interpretation and Teaching Credits||2|
|MIN 397||Spiritual Formation: Perils, Pitfalls and Potential of Ministry Credits||2|
|MIN 398||Spiritual Formation: Cultivating a Prayerful Heart Credits||2|
|MIN 399||Spiritual Formation: Taking Care of the Inner Life Credits||2|
|MIN 420||Ministry Across Cultures Credits||2|
|MIN 430||Urban Ministry Credits||2|
|PACS 440||Conflict Transformation Credits||3|
|MIN 450||Leadership in Ministry Credits||2|
|MIN 471||Pastoral Ministries Credits||2|
|MIN 483||CML Internship Credits 3 (three semesters at 3 per||semester)|
*Two of three biblical integration courses are required for graduation. Which courses the student take are determined by when the student enters the CML cohort.
Elective units as needed to meet the Bachelor of Arts minimums. This requirement may be met through allowable college coursework, Advanced Placement exams, College Level Examination Program, International Baccalaureate exams, and Military or ACE credit.