The Presbyterian Certificate provides the skills and courses essential to meet Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA) and other reformed tradition’s ordination requirements. This Certificate is designed to be embedded in an MDiv for those planning to pursue ordination in a reformed denomination. This program was developed in collaboration with local leaders from the San Joaquin presbytery of the PCUSA denomination. Students will gain a better understanding of reformed history, reformed church polity and biblical exegesis. The certificate is also offered for those who already hold an MDiv.
- Graduates will meet ordination prerequisites set by Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA)
- Program developed with local Presbyterian leaders
- Opportunities to learn from local partnering pastors, including PCUSA Senior Pastor, Rev. Renn Serna
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Ability to earn Presbyterian Certificate simultaneously with Master of Divinity for an additional three units
Brian Ross, D.Min.
Lynn Jost, Ph.D.
Tim Geddert, Ph.D.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
Steve Varvis, Ph. D.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Admission form and fee: fpu.edu/applygrad
- Personal profile statement
- Three letters of references
- Writing sample
Required Courses (22 Units)
Biblical and Theological Studies (17 Units)
|BIB 751||Old Testament Theology and Exegesis||3|
|BIB 753||New Testament Theology and Exegesis||3|
|THEO 754||Reformed Theology I||3|
|THEO 755||Reformed Theology II||3|
|THEO 757||Presbyterian Reformed History and Confessions||3|
Personal And Holistic Formation (3 Units)
|MIN 747||Reformed Worship||3|
Missional And Practical Application (2 Units)
|THEO 752||Presbyterian Polity||3|