Our certificate in Mennonite Brethren studies provides you with an orientation to the Mennonite Brethren church and its Anabaptist heritage. It is designed for pastors who are being credentialed by the MB denomination as well as students who are interested in their own personal enrichment. The focus is on biblical theology with an evangelical Anabaptist orientation.
Composed of courses designed by a team of Mennonite Brethren scholars, our curriculum has been approved by MB leaders for orientation to the church. The faculty teaches in a personal and hands-on manner and the certificate can be completed fully online.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Faculty who take great interest in student academic success
- Anabaptist focused coursework and experiences
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Fully online program with some coursework offered in person
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- The Mennonite Distance Education Scholarship covers 100% of the online program for active members of Mennonite Brethren churches
- 25% discount for Mennonite, Mennonite Brethren, and BIC church members and 75% additional discount for Mennonite Brethren Church Members and Attenders.
Lynn Jost, Ph.D.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
Tim Geddert, Ph.D.
Brian Ross, D.Min.
- Commitment to and desire for Christian ministry and service
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Online application and fee ($90)
- Personal profile questions
- Three letters of reference
- Writing sample
Mennonite Brethren Studies (6 Units)
|HIST 716||The Evangelical Anabaptist Story Credits||3|
|THEO 760||Evangelical Anabaptist Confessions of Faith Credits||3|
Evangelical Anabaptist Studies (3 Units)
Choose one course
|BIB 720||The Church and God’s Mission in the World Credits||3|
|THEO 730||Discipleship and Ethics Credits||2-3|
Must be taken as a 3 unit course
|BIB 750||Old Testament Theology Credits||3|
|BIB 752||New Testament Theology Credits||3|
State authorization is a federal requirement in the HigherEducation Act that requires institutions to be authorized in the state in which online programs are offered. Fresno Pacific University works regularly with individual state authorization agencies to meet each state's requirements. Currently, Fresno Pacific University has received authorization to offer online degree programs in all but six states: Georgia, Michigan, New York, New Mexico, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.
For the latest updates on the status of FPU's authorization in your state, contact your FPU Admissions representative.