- Office: AIMS 205
- Ph.D., Environmental and Ecological Plant Pathology, Cornell University, 2001
- B.A., Biology and Chemistry with an emphasis in Botany and Ecology, Vanguard University of Southern California, 1996
FPU is a learning community whose individuals embrace a strong commitment to scholarship, an eagerness to work, and a sense of personal responsibility toward achieving their educational goals. I have discovered that FPU is a place where students can immerse themselves in their chosen discipline to gain knowledge, understand concepts, and acquire skills. I am called to FPU; together, we can continue to equip faculty and staff to engage, mentor, and cultivate student learning and success.
- 2019 Southern California Edison Educational Grant Program. $25,000 – PIs: T.M. Sirvent and D.Vazquez
- 2019 Hugh Darling Foundation. $300,000 – PIs: T.M. Sirvent and D. Vazquez
- 2018 National Endowment of the Humanities HSI Grant Program. $98,000 – PIs: K. Lashua, J. Russum and T.M. Sirvent
- 2017 Fletcher Jones Foundation. $300,000 – PIs: T.M. Sirvent and D. Vazquez
- 2017 Department of Education: Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions Program – Title V Program. $3,747,060 – PIs: T.M. Sirvent, S. Kane, and A. Lebrecht
- 2015 Department of Education: Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions Program – Title V Program. $2,575,920 – PIs: T.M. Sirvent, S. Kane, A. Lebrecht and A. Harris
Publications & Presentations
- Miller, A. L., P. Vaughan, and T.M. Sirvent. (2009). Effects of storage conditions on lycopene stability in tomato extracts, an undergraduate experiment. Journal of Chemical Education 86(11): 1304.
- T .M. Sirvent and C. Quick. (2007). Sowing seeds of faith. Pentecostal Evangel. Sept. 09, 2007.
- Kirakosyan, A., T.M. Sirvent, D.M. Gibson, and P. Kaufmann. (2004). The production of hypericins and hyperforins by in vitro cell culture of Hypericum perforatum. Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry 39(1): 71-81.
- Kirakosyan, A., T.M. Sirvent, and D.M. Gibson. (2004). A comparative survey of Hypericum perforatum plants as sources of hypericins and hyperforin. Journal of Herbs, Spices, and Medicinal Plants 10(4):(73-88).
- Sirvent, T .M. and D.M. Gibson. (2003). Induction ofhypericins and hyperforins in H perforatum (Hypericaceae) in response to damage by herbivores. Journal of Chemical Ecology 29(12):2667-2681.
- Sirvent, T.M. and D.M. Gibson. (2002). Induction ofhypericins and hyperforin in H peiforatum in response to biotic and chemical elicitors. Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology 60:311-320.