- (559) 453-5682
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, Administration, and Policy with Distinction, Pepperdine University
- M.A., Special Education with honors, Chapman University
- M.M., Music Performance, University of Redlands
- B.M., Music Performance, California State University, Fullerton
- Clear Administrative Credential
- Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subjects Credential
- Single Subject Matter - Music
Contribute to the literature by understanding special education programming, cultural reciprocity, and school climate as it applies to children with disabilities in international, private, and rural schools.
Current Grant Project
- Fresno Pacific University Diversity Research Grant (2021)
- Fresno Pacific University Provost Grant, (2018)
- Louisville Institute Pastoral Research Grant (2017)
- Provost Grant, Fresno Pacific University (2014)
- Provost Grant, Fresno Pacific University (2012)
- Journal of Research in Christian Education (2018 – present)
- The Journal of the Christian Institute on Disability (2012 - )
- Native American Parent Technical Assistant Center – Advisory Board Member (2016 - )
- Fresno Pacific University - Graduate Academic Cabinet Member (2015 - )
- Council for Exceptional Children: Division of International Special Education & Services, Finance & Budget Committee (2014 - )
- Council for Exceptional Children: Caucus, Faith Based Schools and Organizations, Chair (2014 - )
- Faculty Senate Executive Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2013 - 2015)
- Space Utilization Task Force Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2013)
- WASC Standards 2 & 4 Review Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2013)
- Disability Services Advisory Board, Fresno Pacific University (2013 -)
- SOE Vision Committee, Fresno Pacific University (2011)
- National Association of Christian in Special Education, Board Member (2010 - 2014)
- J. C. Shea Therapeutic Riding Center, Volunteer (2008 - 2010)
- Orange County, Parks & Recreation Volunteer (2010)
- Coordinating Council for Students with Special Needs, LCMS/PSD (1996 -2005)
- Spencer Foundation Post-Doctorate Fellowship Semi-Finalist (2017)
- Merit Increase Fresno Pacific University (2015)
- Merit Increase Fresno Pacific University (2013)
- Carol Gray Award (2006)
- America’s Most Influential Teacher (2006)
- Coordinating Council for Students with Special Needs (1996 - 2005)
- California Retired Teachers Association Scholarship Recipient (1993)
- American Council on Rural Special Education
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Caucus: Faith Based Schools and Organizations
- International Association of Special Education
- National Indian Education Association
Publications & Presentations
- Lane, J.M. (in progress). International schools and special education: A review of the last twenty years.
- Lane, J.M.,(under review). Special education in Christian schools: A literature review of US Schools.
- Lane, J.M. & jones, D.R. (in publication). Child find activities between public and private school personnel: Engagement, barriers, and experiences. Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professions.
- Lane, J.M.(2021). A sampling of international schools’ special education practices and reflections. Journal of International Special Education, 20(1), 32-66.
- Lane, J.M. & Kinnison, Q.P. (2020). Research on inclusion and hospitality in Christian schools. ACSI Research in Brief, 1(2), 5-8.
- Lane, J.M. (February 2020). A Sampling of International Schools’ Special Education Practices and Reflections, Poster Presentation at the Council for Exceptional Children Conference in Portland, OR.
- Lane, J.M. (October 2019). Factors that Support High School Graduation for Ute Mountain Ute Youth, Paper Presentation at the National Indian Education Association Conference in Minneapolis, MN.
- Lane, J.M., Kinnison, Q.P., & Ellard, A. (2019).Creating Inclusive and Hospitable Christian Schools: Three Case Studies. Journal of Religion & Disability,(3)1-22.
- Lane, J.M. & George, S. (2018). Factors that Support High School Graduation for Ute Mountain Ute Youth. Journal of American Indian Education, 57(3),5-26.
- Lane, J.M., & Keith, L.C. (2018). A pilot study: Addressing Native American cultural competency. International Journal of Education and Culture, 7(1-2), 13-34.
- Lane, J.M. (2017). Special education staffing and service models in Christian schools. Journal of Research in Christian Education, 26(3), 225-236.
- Lane, J.M. (October 2017). Changing the Culture: Special Education Programming. Professional Development at the Lutheran Education Association – Houston, Texas.